We saw it the firt time in Artesanato Decor e Culinária blog, from here we linked to Kate's Minieco blog.
Check this out, this pictures show some crayon dreg art:
From Kate's blog:
From Maria Cristina-Bellucci , designer:
This is how Gabrielle Blair did it:
We will need:
- color pencils, you can use dregs instead of brand new pencils, that way you will recycle and reuse materials.
- small saw, you can buy it on any hardware store,
- drilling instrument, it can be electrical or manual,fasteners and wire for the necklace, you can buy this at any handcraft store,
- Wooden board, similar to the ones we use in the kitchen.
How to do the beads:
- Chose the pencils you are going to bead;
- With the ruler measure pieces of 5 to 10 mm wide (about in), the beads can be longer or shorter, that’s up to you. The example has 7mm beads, all them must be the same length;
- Cut them with the saw;
- Use sandpaper on the wood beads, only sand the side without color, as picture shows;
- When the wood becomes smooth you can get to the next step;
- Drill a hole, from side to side, on the bead, as picture shows;
- Do a few of these beads and you can do your necklace, with the wire and the fasteners
Another super restless idea, from your Restless Minds team