Today we will see a nice way to reuse the broken clothespins. We will do a nice and colourful pot for plants.
We will need:
- 1 can preferably one of those larger, bean or grain,
- Clothespins, we used wood, but in practice we can also use plastic, depends on the imagination,
- hot glue, we can use other types of glue like white glue or clear glue,
- 1 nail
- potting soil,
- seeds, whatever you want, or use a bulb
- Wash the can, remove all traces of glue and paper;
- Let it dry;
- Turn the can upside down and with the hammer and nail make 3 or 4 holes in the bottom, these holes will allow the excess water out and prevent your plant to rot,
- Take away the metal spring from the clothespin, of course it is always more interesting using those who are already damaged;
- Keep the metal parts, remember that you can reuse them in other crafts;
- Glue the wood parts around the can, don’t worry if the clothespin is longer or shorter then the can, at the end you will paint it and you will get creative enough;
- Sticking them closely, with the flat part in;
- When you complete the job, attach the clothespin to the can with the wire as in figure, this will ensure that the clothespin do not go off later;
- Let your work dry for 3 to 4 hours;
- Choose the colours you want to see in your pot and paint it;
- When the paint dries, follow the instructions on the package, varnish the clothespins;
- Let them dry again the varnish takes longer to dry then glue or the paint;
- Put the soil in the pot, plant seeds / bulbs, water it and let them and let your seeds get some sun, you may want to place a dish underneath to catch the water coming out through the holes.
Now, dont damage the clothespin on purpose!