Make sure the rubber bands are tight!
- Grab the T-shirt on both ends and twist it, like a rope,
- Tie a knot in the fabric.
- Place the T-shirt in a plain surface.
- Place your thumb on the fabric; exactly in the place you want the spiral central.
- Use your fingers to secure the fabric in place, and start to twist.
- After each twist, with your free hand, flatten the fabric to prevent the spiral to fall apart.
- At the end of the twists you must have something that looks like a giant flattened biscuit;
- Put the rubber bands in place, like the picture.
- This effect creates a pattern of overlapping or close circles;
- Use a pencil to mark on the t-shirt a few points, these points will be the center of the dyed circles;
- Use the thumb and forefinger to pick up the fabric in the same place you painted the point;
- Hold this "tab" with the other hand;
- Repeat the process for all the dots;
- When finished you must have several of this "tabs" in your hand.
- Wrap a rubber band around each "tab", and wrap 2 or 3 around all the set.
- Wrap the t-shirt forming a long tube. The lists will be dyed perpendicular to the tube.
- Squeeze the tube with the rubber bands, the more the bands are spaced thicker will be the lists.
Source: this idea came from here
Lean how to dye