What we need:
- white glue,
- 2 plastic cups, trash it when you finish it,
- food coloring (green is the classic but you can make red or blue slime, chose your favorite color),
- borax (you can find it in drugstore),
- plastic tablespoon,
- regular tablespoon.
- Fill 1 cup with water;
- Add a Borax tablespoon, use the plastic spoon and mix well,
- Reserve this solution,
- On the other cup measure about 1in of white glue,
- Add 20ml of water (that's about 3 tablespoons),
- Add 4 drops of food coloring,
- Add to the second cup 1 tablespoon of Borax solution,
- Wait 30seg,
- Play with it.
- Slime is totally safe for the skin.
- Keep the slime closed in a jar when you are not playing with it.
- Don't use it near your hair or carpets and rugs.
- Keep it away from the younger children and pets.
- Don't eat it.
You can make this demonstration an experience
Answer with your restless to the following questions:
- How does the Slime change with the Borax quantity in the first solution?
- How does the Slime change with the Glue quantity in the second solution?
- What is the best way to store your slime? Try several yes of boxes, jars, bottles..
- Does the Borax trademark make a difference? Witch one works best?
- What about the glue?
- What is the ideal water quantity? Try to do several slimes with different water quantities.
Never change 2 or more variables at the same time. For instance, if you change the water quantity keep the glue trademark the same.
You want fun? Play with non-Newtonian fluids