To this DIY project you can buy a white and plain candle, if you wish
With this project you can recycle those annoying little crayons your restless keeps in his pencil box.
We will need:
- candle wax,
- old crayons,
- beach stones, tiny
- an old pot or metal box, the box will be trashed after this, you can use a metal milk powder box for example
- Molds, the plastic yogurt cups work well they aren't the ideal material but they easy to find,
- Wooden sticks, you can use clothes pins.
- Wash and clean the yogurt cups very well;
- Cut the candle-wick with the cup height plus 2in;
- Chose a tiny, really tiny, stone to work as weight to candle-wick;
- Tie the stone to the wick.
- Tie the wooden stick to the other candle-wick end, the wick must be tied in the middle of stick;
- Place this “stick+wick+stone” set in the yogurt cup,
- The wick must be stretched, if needed adjust the knot on the stick;
- Place this cup in a metallic tray;
- Put the wax into the metal box and take it to the stove fire, don't use to much wax at the same time;
- Wait until the wax is pasty;
- Chose your favorite crayon color and chip it into the wax, keep the heat down during this process, this avoid the wax to become dark;
- Let the chips to dissolve and turn off the heat;
- Wait a few moments to cool the wax a little, remember you are using plastic yogurt cups and if the wax boil the cup will melt almost immediately, that’s why we use the metallic tray, to avoid accidents,
- Fill 1/4 of the cup with wax; place some stones against the mold wall;
- Place the wick on the center and far from the stones;
- Let it cool;
- Melt the wax again, you can chose to use another color, repeat the mix and the cool steps;
- Fill the cup at 1/2, place the stones, adjust the wick, and let it cool;
- Fill the rest of the cup with wax;
- Leave it to cool for 24hours;
- With the exact-O knife unmold the candle.
Original candles you can use as you wish