Transform a plastic bottle into a piggy bank.
What we need:
- plastic PET bottle with cap,
- 4 PET bottle caps or 4 cork wine stoppers,
- acrylic paint,
- double tape,
- exact-O knife or scissors;
- color markers;
- other materials you want to reuse, as buttons for the eyes.
- Remove all the stickers and labels from the bottle;
- Wash it with running water;
- Let it dry completely;
- Close the bottle and place it in horizontal position;
- With the marker draw the place where you want to make the hole for the coins;
- Use the scissors, or the exact-O knife to open the hole, this requires adult supervision;
- Glue the 4 caps o the bottle, they must pretend they are the pig feet but most of all they must keep the bottle steady;
- Now its time to get creative ad to make your piggy bank one of the kind, paint it and decorate it at will, reusing materials is a good option.
- Use hot glue for the feet;
- Use double sided tape to glue the cardboard;
- If you paint the bottle paint it first with white;
- The normal acrylic paint comes off the plastic after a while.