We bought the house already made in the store; of course you can make one from the scratch.
What we need:
- a plain wood bird house;
- sand paper;
- small branches, acorns, leaves, sticks, whatever you can find in the garden;
- white glue;
- brown acrylic paint, or another color you prefer;
- Sand the bird house;
- Paint it with your elected color;
- Let it dry for 3 to 4h;
- Varnish it;
- Let it dry again;
- While you wait between the point 3 and 5, look for small branches, acorns, leaves, sticks, whatever you can find in the garden, to camouflage the bird house.
- Cut the branches and the sticks in the right size, don't worry if some of them are larger or smaller, nature is irregular.
- When the varnish is dry, cover one of the house walls with white glue,
- Glue the branches and the sticks, don’t worry with the space between them, we will deal with it later,
- Let it dry,
- Chose another wall and repeat the step 8 and 9.
- Go on until all the walls are decorated;
- Leave it to dry for 24h;
- Glue other elements to cover the spaces between the branches and let it dry again;
- With the wire fix the house on a tree, don’t use nails;
- Wait until the new inhabitants move to the new condo.
A little help for wildlife!