This needs adult supervision, remember that the kitchen can be a dangerous place to play in.
What we need:
- 1/2 cup hot water,
- 1 tablespoon vinegar,
- 2 tablespoons of milk powder ,
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda,
- 1 coffee filter,
- 1 funnel,
- a plastic/ glass containner,
- 1 tablespoon,
- Mix the hot water and the powder milk until dissolves;
- Add the vinegar, the milk will form 2 distinct parts, the serum and the curds;
- Keep mixing this mixture until curds and serum are well separated;
- Place the filter in the funnel;
- Place the funnel in the container;
- Filter the previous mix;
- If necessary raise a little bit the funnel so the air can flow, remember that air takes up space;
- When the funnel is full "squeeze" the filter a bit, carefully;
- Discard the serum;
- In a small plate, using the spoon, break the serum layer into small pieces;
- Add one hot water teaspoon and about 1/4 teaspoon baking soda;
- Mix it all well until the adhesive becomes soft and more fluid;
- If the mixture is too thick add a little more water, if it has lumps add more baking soda.
- When not in use the adhesive covering it with transparent paper.
If the milk does not curdle try:
- add more vinegar;
- heat the mixture;
- use more hot water.
you can almos eat it