We will need:
- 2 jars,
- funnel,demonstração, experiência de física, pressão, propriedades do ar, água,
- modeling clay, a lot,
- coloring, food coloring is the best,
- pencil, or a pen, a wood stick, something good to punch the clay ...
- Fill half of the jar with water;
- Add a few food coloring to the water, 3 or 4 drops;
- Place the funnel in the jar;
- Seal the jar area around the funnel with the modeling clay, the air can't go in or out through the jar/funnel contact zone;
- Now fill the funnel with some more water.
A small quantity of water rolls through the funnel into the flask, but in a few seconds stops, despite the funnel is full of water.
There is no more space in the jar! The jar is half full of water and half full of air, we must to take the air out in order to get the water get in.
Use the pencil to open a hole in the clay.
The water immediately falls into the jar.
The water "falls" and pushes the air out the jar, now the air can get out through the hole.